In Feed Control, we now let you enable proxy use for feeds you add to your account. When enabled, Feed Control will use a rotating proxy service to route requests through different US servers when fetching web content.
The feature is currently only available for two types of feeds in Feed Control:
- Expanded feeds (when you enable 'fetch full text' to have article content retrieved from the source site)
- Webpage to RSS feeds (feeds built with out Feed Creator application and then added to Feed Control)
In most cases, there will be no need to enable proxy use, so we suggest you try without it first and only enable if you have trouble. You can also contact us via the support link if you need assistance with a feed.
Enabling proxy use in Feed Control
It's not yet possible to preview feed output with proxy use enabled without adding the feed to your account first (we'll add support for that in a future update). So if you suspect the content you're after is not being retrieved because of the issues listed above, you should add your feed in Feed Control's management console and then enable proxy use.
To do that, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Feed Control account
- From the left sidebar select Feeds
- Click Add Feed
- Paste the feed address into the URL field and click Add Feed
- In the Feed Details view that loads, click the Edit button
- In the Proxy field, select US Rotating
- Click Update Feed
- From the actions drop down, select Refresh feed
- Click the Feed items tab to see if new items appear (it might take a minute or so for the feed to refresh, so try refreshing the page if you don't see anything immediately)
We currently limit the number of feeds on which you can enable proxy use based on your plan:
- Standard - proxy use on up to 10 feeds
- Plus - proxy use on up to 20 feeds
- Business - proxy use on up to 50 feeds
If you need more than this, or if you have trouble with any feeds that you'd like us to take a look at, please contact us using the support link in Feed Control.
Please sign in to leave a comment.