How do I subscribe to a feed in my feed reader?
Feed Control generates RSS feeds by default for feeds you add to your account. To access the RSS feed link, follow the steps below:
- Find your feed in the feed list and click to open it.
- From the tab at the top, click Generate RSS/JSON
- In the Links row, you'll see two links: RSS and Subscribe
- Click Subscribe to see a list of feed reading applications you can add the feed to.
- If your feed reader is in the list, click it and continue from there.
- If your feed reader isn't listed, right-click on 'RSS Feed' at the bottom and choose 'Copy Link' from your browser's context menu. Now you can paste the feed address into your feed reading application to add it.
We currently support shortcuts for the following feed readers when you choose subscribe: Newsblur, Fraidycat, Feedbid, BazQux, Feedly, Inoreader, and The Old Reader.
Why does Feed Control only retrieve x items?
Feed Control polls your source feed and pulls in new content automatically. When you first add a feed to Feed Control, the number of items pulled in initially depends on your feed settings.
If you've enabled full-text fetching, a maximum of 5 of the latest items are retrieved from the source feed. New items will appear with full text when detected, but Feed Control currently doesn't process more than 5 of the latest items in each feed update (including initial load) when full-text fetching is enabled (we plan to improve this in a future update).
If you disable full-text fetching, we'll process up to 15 recent items in each feed update.
How many feed items does Feed Control store for each feed?
Currently Feed Control stores up to a 100 feed items for each feed. After a 100 items are reached, old feed items will be deleted as new ones get added.
How many feed items does Feed Control included in its generated feeds?
At the moment the latest 10 items are included in the generated RSS and JSON feeds.